Sheet Metal Design
We provide mechanical engineering design support services to sheet metal product manufacturers, enabling them to reduce material scrap, shorten the product development schedules and bring quality products for their target market faster.
At TrueCADD, we have extensive experience in delivering CAD and CAE services for sheet metal design. We develop 2D drawings, 3D sheet metal models in SolidWorks as well as evaluate the product performance virtually through industry-leading technology tools. Our engineers specialize in SolidWorks sheet metal design to develop design information for wide range of sheet metal products including building hardware and furniture products, doors, windows, kiosks, machine tools, automotive components and industrial equipment.
With an experience of more than 10 years, we have developed broad understanding on sheet metal forming, stamping and fabrication processes, allowing us to scale our capabilities according to the client’s shop setting and DFM strategy.
Our additional expertise in design automation using DriveWorks further provides manufacturers the opportunity to reduce the engineering time and develop custom sheet metal products faster. For sheet metal design projects, we utilize SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo and SolidEdge to develop 2D fabrication drawings, flat patterns, assembly drawings and 3D CAD models. We also perform structural analysis using ANSYS Mechanical for design validation and optimization requirements.
Our Sheet Metal Design services include:
- Metal Doors & Windows Design
- Architectural Metal Product Design
- Structural Metal Product Design
- Metal Furniture Products Design
- HVAC Equipment Design - Ducts, Cooling Tower, AHU Design
- Fire Protection Equipment Design
- Prefabricated Building Metal Components Design
- Fabricated Metal and Alloy Products Design
Sheet Metal Design Services We Offer:
- CAD Drafting and detailing support for 2D and 3D solid sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Solid 3D models to sheet metal part conversion with thickness, bend radius, and K-factor
- Development of weld details to sheet metal parts on models or drawings
- 3D sheet metal model and complete 2D flat drawings, assembly drawings from manual blueprints, manufacturing drawings, fabrication drawings, nesting drawings
- Cost estimation based on material and number of operations
- Calculation of the adequate size of corner reliefs, bend angles and radii
- Sheet metal forming design with critical dimensions, embosses and offsets, bend radius, bend relief, forming near holes, form height to thickness ratio, and edge distortion
- Sheet metal stamping design for shearing, cutting or stamping dies & tools
Software We Use