Drafting and modeling for sheet metal design is far more different and complex when compared to design development for solid objects. Most often CAD drafting and 3d modeling service providers often lack expertise when it comes to sheet metal geometry development.
For a smooth fabrication or forming process, it is important that sheet metal geometry is defined properly so that it can be bent, punched, cut or welded according to the project requirements. As such, sheet metal drawing and design is altogether a different service a manufacturer should look for when working with the CAD design outsourcing partner, so as to avoid material scrap, control cost and improve productivity.
This article highlights some of the key functionalities of sheet metal drawing and design services to help you select the right CAD design company for your specific project.
The CAD model for sheet metal has the ability to:
- Create junctions during sheet metal unfolding
- View bend and unfolded models easily with proper bend allowance
- Understand the changes required in the design by folding and unfolding the models
- Determine the influence of K factor and bend tables for unfolding
- Modify parameters like bend allowance, material properties and sheet metal thickness
- Apply sheet metal features like corner and edge reliefs, punches, hems, emboss, chamfers, etc.
- Create hole patterns on sheet metal considering DFM (Design for Manufacturability) rules
- Use the model directly for cutting, bending or machining
- Generate flat patterns, fabrication drawings with PMI directly from the models
These functionalities in CAD models for sheet metal design ensure that the need for modification in the drawings or models is minimal. Shop personnel can directly utilize the drawings and models to develop the sheet metal product with fewer change orders, thus eliminating production scrap and improving the cost-effectiveness.
Why Outsource Sheet Metal Drawings & Design Services to Us?
TrueCADD has developed extensive experience in delivering sheet metal design services to manufacturers globally, dealing with sheet metal products like enclosures, shop fitting, HVAC ducts, industrial equipment and architectural sheet metal products.
Our CAD professionals have more than 10+ years of experience in sheet metal drafting and modeling, mentored by industry experts to ensure that the deliverables meet the requirements of clientâ€™s specific shop and tooling capabilities.
Outsourcing can also benefit you in number of other ways:
- Leverage business capabilities without investing in in-house resources and software
- Spend less time waiting for editing or repairing CAD models
- Improve productivity when dealing with complex sheet metal geometry
- Save time and cost in training resources for sheet metal design
- Get more business from the market due to your ability to respond quickly
Traditional CAD outsourcing companies help you in transforming your drafts to digital models, we understand your requirements, production capabilities and objectives, and help you remain productive and profitable.